About OUM & Co. LLP
OUM is one of the leading CPA firms in California, with offices in San Francisco and Carlsbad. We have over 90 professionals specializing in Tax, Audit and Assurance, and several other offerings across a large variety of industries. We provide knowledgeable business solutions to highly respected and well-known companies within the region.
Since 2000, the San Francisco Business Times has included OUM in their annual ranking of the "Top 25 Largest Bay Area Accounting Firms." We have also been included in Inside Public Accounting's annual list of the "Top 200 Accounting Firms” in the Nation and in 2018, we were listed as one of Inside Public Accounting’s “Best of the Best” Accounting firms. We also value our women leaders and develop our women accounting professionals through OUM’s Women’s Initiative Network. Since 2016, the MOVE Project has listed us as one of the “Best CPA Firms for Equity Leadership” over the past three consecutive years!
Type of work you will do
- Work on a variety of tax returns such High Net Worth and pass through entities.
- Perform tax research for more complex entities and individuals.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, researching, and troubleshooting skills.
- Deliver top-notch service that our clients.
- Work on a wide variety of client engagements that span various industries.
- Communicate and work collaboratively in the office with your teammates.
- Interact with clients to provide advice and help answer questions.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting or comparable subject.
- Masters in Accounting or Taxation highly preferred.
- CPA highly preferred, but partial completion of the exam is acceptable.
- 6+ years of experience in public accounting.
- Recent experience in High Net Worth Individual returns and Pass Through entities.
- Ability to efficiently manage full life cycle of multiple projects that vary in degree of complexity; yielding high quality results.
- Strong technical aptitude to identify tax and accounting issues and propose recommended solutions.
- Begin developing a network of potential referral sources; identify tax opportunities to clients.
- Experienced with business software tools such as Microsoft Office applications and tax preparation tools.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks, responsive, polished communication skills (verbal and written), and capable of leading teams.
- Effectively mentor and coach junior level staff
As you grow your career with us, you will engage with talented professionals, be involved in meaningful work, and carve an individualized career path to support your continued professional development. Our learning programs are designed to grow key skills – technical, engagement management, leadership/people development, and client relations. You will develop experience by having direct client interaction, working in a supportive team environment to foster your leadership and emerging business development skills.
- Fully subsidized medical plan for OUM employees
- Annual performance bonus
- Profit sharing
- Unlimited PTO
- Learning and development curriculum
- Remote Work Arrangement (1-2 days per week)
- Tuition reimbursement for advanced degree programs
- Reimbursement for CPA exam prep materials
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages on-site
- Commuter benefits
Our welcoming and supportive culture creates an enjoyable work environment. Our professionals are passionate about the work they do for our clients and give back our local community through OUM sponsored community outreach events. We encourage professionals to bring their authentic self to work and to use their strengths each day, contributing to our culture where professionals grow personally and professionally.