About OUM & Co. LLP
OUM is one of the leading CPA firms in California, with offices in San Francisco and Carlsbad. We have over 80 professionals specializing in Tax, Audit and Assurance, and several other offerings across a large variety of industries. We provide knowledgeable business solutions to highly respected and well-known companies within the region.
Since 2000, the San Francisco Business Times has included OUM in their annual ranking of the "Top 25 Largest Bay Area Accounting Firms." We have also been included in Inside Public Accounting's annual list of the "Top 200 Accounting Firms” in the Nation and in 2018, we were listed as one of Inside Public Accounting’s “Best of the Best” Accounting firms. We also value our women leaders and develop our women accounting professionals through OUM’s Women’s Initiative Network. Since 2016, the MOVE Project has listed us as one of the “Best CPA Firms for Equity Leadership” over the past three consecutive years!
Type of work you will do
OUM provides distinguished service to companies and as a Tax Supervisor, you will get the opportunity to work on a variety of tax returns as well as tax research for more complex entities and individuals such as S-Corps, C-Corps, partnerships, LLCs, ASC 740 tax provision work, and high net worth individuals. Critical thinking, researching, and troubleshooting are integral parts of delivering the top-notch service that our clients value.
It is never a dull moment in the Tax Practice! You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of client engagements that span various industries. Generally, you will be in the office communicating with your teammates and working collaboratively.
You will also interact with clients to provide advice and help answer questions. Your managers will provide guidance to help you become a trusted business advisor. When it makes sense for your professional development and for the job, your manager will find just the right way to challenge you.
As you grow your career with us, you will engage with talented professionals, be involved in meaningful work, and carve an individualized career path to support your continued professional development. Our learning programs are designed to grow key skills – technical, engagement management, leadership/people development, and client relations. You will develop experience by having direct client interaction, working in a supportive team environment to foster your leadership and emerging business development skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting or comparable subject. Masters in Accounting or Taxation highly preferred.
- CPA highly preferred, but partial completion of the exam is acceptable.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in public accounting.
- Ability to efficiently manage full life cycle of multiple projects that vary in degree of complexity; yielding high quality results.
- Strong technical aptitude to identify tax and accounting issues and propose recommended solutions.
- Begin developing a network of potential referral sources; identify tax opportunities to clients.
- Experienced with business software tools such as Microsoft Office applications and tax preparations tools.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks, responsive, polished communication skills (verbal and written), and capable of leading teams.
- Effectively mentor and coach junior level staff
OUM offers a robust benefits package including recognition for additional work efforts, a fully subsidized medical plan for OUM employees, 401K Profit Sharing, non-accrued PTO, flexible work arrangement, continuing education for employees pursuing a Masters of Taxation or Masters in Accounting at an approved institution in which we will reimburse pre-approved tuition costs. Additionally, OUM will reimburse 100% of the cost of CPA exam prep materials.
Our welcoming and supportive culture creates an enjoyable work environment. Our professionals are passionate about the work they do for our clients and give back our local community through OUM sponsored community outreach events. We encourage professionals to bring their authentic self to work and to use their strengths each day, contributing to our culture where professionals grow personally and professionally.