About OUM & Co. LLP
OUM is one of the leading CPA firms in California, with offices in San Francisco and the San Diego area. We have over 80 professionals specializing in Tax, Audit and Assurance, and several other offerings across a large variety of industries. We provide knowledgeable business solutions to highly respected and well-known companies within the region.
Since 2000, the San Francisco Business Times has included OUM in their annual ranking of the "Top 25 Largest Bay Area Accounting Firms." We have also been included in Inside Public Accounting's annual list of the "Top 200 Accounting Firms” in the Nation and in 2018, we were listed as one of Inside Public Accounting’s “Best of the Best” Accounting firms! We also value our women leaders and develop our women accounting professionals through OUM’s Women’s Initiative Network. Since 2016, the MOVE Project has listed us as one of the “Best CPA Firms for Equity Leadership” over the past three consecutive years!
Type of work you will do
OUM provides distinguished service to companies and as an Assurance & Advisory Supervisor, you will lead audit and accounting projects that will leverage your deep technical skills, manage project teams, and apply critical thinking to propose effective solutions.
Typically, our work day will be at the client site to access client records and then complete some of the work in our office. Field work ranges from a few days to a few weeks of local travel. Auditors connect with clients as part of an audit team, so you will be expected to show a high level of polished professionalism and strong technical competence with all levels of client personnel at all times. Audit clients are quite diverse, they range from small to medium sized companies both privately held and publicly traded in a wide variety of exciting and challenging industries.
As you grow your career with us, you will engage with talented professionals, be involved in meaningful work, and carve an individualized career path to support your continued professional development. Our learning programs are designed to grow key skills – technical, engagement management, leadership/people development, and client relations. You will develop experience by having direct client interaction, working in a supportive team environment to foster your leadership and emerging business development skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting or comparable subject. Masters in Accounting or Taxation highly preferred.
- CPA highly preferred, but partial completion of the exam is acceptable.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in public accounting.
- Ability to efficiently manage full life cycle of multiple projects that vary in degree of complexity; yielding high quality results.
- Strong technical aptitude to identify auditing and accounting issues and propose recommended solutions.
- Develop a network of potential referral sources; identify opportunities to sell additional OUM services.
- Experienced with business software tools such as CCH Axcess and Microsoft Office applications.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks, responsive, polished communication skills (verbal and written), and capable of leading teams.
- Effectively mentor and coach junior level staff.
OUM offers a robust benefits package including a fully subsidized medical plan for OUM employees, 401K Profit Sharing, annual performance bonus, Unlimited PTO, flexible work arrangement, tuition Reimbursement for advanced degree programs and a fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages on site.
Our welcoming and supportive culture creates an enjoyable work environment. Our professionals are passionate about the work they do for our clients and give back our local community through OUM sponsored community outreach events. We encourage professionals to bring their authentic self to work and to use their strengths each day, contributing to our culture where professionals grow personally and professionally.