About OUM & Co. LLP
OUM is one of the leading CPA firms in California, with offices in San Francisco and the San Diego area. We have over 80 professionals specializing in Tax, Audit and Assurance, and several other offerings across a large variety of industries. We provide knowledgeable business solutions to highly respected and well-known companies within the region.
Since 2000, the San Francisco Business Times has included OUM in their annual ranking of the "Top 25 Largest Bay Area Accounting Firms." We have also been included in Inside Public Accounting's annual list of the "Top 200 Accounting Firms” in the Nation and in 2018, we were listed as one of Inside Public Accounting’s “Best of the Best” Accounting firms. We also value our women leaders and develop our women accounting professionals through OUM’s Women’s Initiative Network. Since 2016, the MOVE Project has listed us as one of the “Best CPA Firms for Equity Leadership” over the past three consecutive years!
The IT Advisory Manager leads multiple SEC Clients, SOX compliance and consulting projects with life sciences, leasing, and technology clients that range in complexity. The IT Audit Manager inspires their team members through thoughtful training, coaching, and possess a tactical level of experience working with Financial Audit Managers with planning, organizing, and execution.
- Manage all aspects of IT audits related to SOX consulting engagements, SOX audit client, and SSAE 18 SOC audits.
- Assess clients’ business environment, existing financial controls and risk challenges, and complex risk management approaches.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the client environment and overall project scope to effectively analyze complex business needs and present well thought out solutions to mitigate control risks and issues.
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions to best advise our clients.
- Identify control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and make recommendations for corrective action; draft the related observations and audit reports for issuance to leadership and conducts timely follow through; present findings to Audit Committees of SOX consulting engagements.
- Build and develop relationships both internally and externally with clients and control partners to help drive strategic objectives with the business.
- Provide coaching, training and guidance to IT Audit staff ensuring timeliness and quality of audit engagement deliverables.
- Conduct or assist with leading special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators.
- Review audit reports and provide guidance to team members ensuring audit objectives are addressed and controls are adequately tested.
- Manage overall engagement economics including budget status tracking, billing and collection analysis.
Role Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience performing a walkthrough of the IT environment, developing risk and control matrices, and performing test of controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable subject. Master’s degree in Business highly preferred.
- CIA, CISA, CISSP and/or PMP Certification highly preferred
- SAP or Oracle Controls experience highly preferred.Advanced knowledge of IT application controls, including client developed software, ITGCs, Cyber Security, IT infrastructure including databases, networks and operating systems.
- Analytical and innovative mindset with exceptional communication and project management skills.
- Ability to engage and mentor multiple team members to achieve their fullest potential.
- Ability to audit and enhance cyber security of current and new clients.
As you grow your career with us, you will lead engagement teams of talented professionals, be involved in meaningful work, and carve an individualized career path to support your continued professional development. Our learning programs are designed to grow key skills – technical, engagement management, leadership/people development, and client relations. You will develop your experience in a collaborative environment and your partner coach will provide leadership and business development guidance.
OUM offers a robust benefits package including recognition for additional work efforts, a fully subsidized medical plan for OUM employees, 401K Profit Sharing, non-accrued PTO, remote working arrangement, continuing education for employees pursuing a Masters of Taxation or Masters in Accounting at an approved institution in which we will reimburse pre-approved tuition costs.
Our welcoming and supportive culture creates an enjoyable work environment. Our professionals are passionate about the work they do for our clients and give back our local community through OUM sponsored community outreach events. We encourage professionals to bring their authentic self to work and to use their strengths each day, contributing to our culture where professionals grow personally and professionally.