OUM’s life sciences practice professionals have the expertise, resources and relationships to help both public and private life science companies bridge the gap between business and science in today’s complex and volatile business environment. In the push to bring new products to market, companies from startups to multinationals must address a myriad of challenges, both financial and nonfinancial.
OUM’s life sciences group serves publicly traded and privately held companies in the biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical device, biopharma, and diagnostic sectors, among others. We understand the need to manage for immediate and long-term value in the face of lengthy, high-cost research and development cycles, government approvals, and difficult clinical trials.
With decades of experience working with both public and private life sciences companies, and the support of a National Office, we have the technical experience needed to provide world class service. In addition to providing the traditional tax and accounting services, we also assist our life sciences clients with services spanning the entire development cycle of
OUR EXPERIENCE ENABLES US TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
- Integrated audits of financial statements and internal control over financial reporting for public companies
- Audits of financial statements for public companies that are non-accelerated filers
- Financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations for privately held companies
- Assistance and technical research throughout the initial public offering process
- Assisting with capital market financing transactions – as independent auditors, we have participated in over 100 public and private offerings totaling more than $2.5 billion since 2005
- Accounting guidance on complex or unusual transactions, such as revenue recognition for collaborative agreements, debt and equity financings, and business combinations
- Financial due diligence for mergers and acquisitions and divestitures
- Federal and state corporate income tax compliance
- Income tax provisions and analysis of uncertain tax positions
- Change of Ownership Analysis (IRC Section 382 Studies)
- Consulting on tax matters, including deferred compensation issues under IRC Section 409A, intercompany transfer pricing, tax planning strategies and international taxation
- Audits of 401K Plans
OUM did a great job of working with Atreca to help us prepare for our IPO, both in their timely audit and quarterly review processes, as well as in their timely feedback on our finance processes and internal control infrastructure. They provided much more than simply an opinion to go in the S-1, but also helped us understand where we needed to enhance our systems and processes in order to be prepared to operate as a public company post-IPO.
OUM and team provide excellent, professional services and are a pleasure to work with. They are reliable, responsive, efficient and really understand our business. As audit committee chair at NovaBay, I rely on their expertise for audit and tax support as well as for sound strategic advice.
I have worked with OUM for four years and they are a great business partner…knowledgeable, professional, responsive and cost-effective. Each engagement provides new challenges and the OUM team consistently delivers high quality work within our required deadlines. OUM has a solid understanding of the life sciences industry and are fun to work with.
I have engaged OUM at two publicly held biopharmaceutical companies. The team is the best alternative to a big 4 firm. They are knowledgeable, efficient and proficient. OUM will save you at least 50% on fees as compared to the big 4. They work with BDO for technical issues, have been fully vetted by PCAOB and my bulge bracket banker gave them rave reviews. I will use OUM anytime I can. They are awesome!
We’ve worked with OUM for a number of years, and they have always been a reliable, trusted and valuable advisor to the company. They’ve supported us in various debt and equity financings, business development transactions and complex accounting issues.