OUM's life sciences practice professionals have the expertise, resources and relationships to assist both public and private life science companies bridge the gap between business and science in today's volatile business environment. Our life sciences group serves publicly traded and privately held companies in the biotechnology, specialty pharma, diagnostic, medical device and other sectors. We understand the need to manage for immediate and long-term value in the face of lengthy, high-cost research and development cycles, government approvals, and difficult clinical trials.
With decades of working with both public and private life sciences companies, we have the technical experience needed to provide world class service. In addition to providing the traditional tax and accounting services, we also assist our life sciences clients with services spanning the entire development cycle of companies.
Services we offer include:
- Integrated audits of financial statements and internal control over financial reporting for public companies
- Financial statement audits for privately held companies, including assistance throughout the entire initial public offering process
- Assisting with capital market financing transactions - as independent auditors we have participated in over thirty- five public and private offerings totaling more than $1.4 billion since 2005
- Accounting guidance on complex or unusual transactions, such as revenue recognition for collaborative agreements, debt and equity financings, and business combinations
- Financial due diligence for mergers and acquisitions and divestitures
- Federal and state corporate income tax compliance
- Change of ownership (IRC Section 382) and research and development credit studies
- Income tax provisions and analysis of uncertain tax positions
- Consulting on tax matters, including deferred compensation issues under IRC Section 409A, intercompany transfer pricing, tax planning strategies and international taxation